Learn what the HR Manager is thinking
Have you ever wondered what the HR Manager is thinking? Here are 5 tips from HR to help you to navigate the recruiting process.
- Landing a job is a contact sport. You have to get out there and network. Find old buddies and co-workers and let them know that you are looking for an opportunity. When an internal resource brings your resume to HR, you go to the top of the stack!
- Take charge. It is up to you to track your job search. When HR calls and mentions a position, be able to quickly access the information of what you applied to and why you are a great fit.
- Be specific. You have to take some time to determine exactly what you want to do. Be able to describe the exact position, even if you are unsure of the title where you want to land. HR cannot put you in the right role if you don’t know what that role is.
- Ace the interview. When it comes to interviewing, everything counts. Create a great first impression from the moment you enter the building. Dress for success, carry a slim portfolio, and exude confidence.
- Be ready to answer the tough questions:
Why did you leave your last position?
What have you been doing since your last job?
What is your expected salary?
You are ready to ace that first interview and on your way.